Monday 13 July 2015

On the road again

Hello and welcome to another blog post with another card. Today's card uses an old stamp set that I wanted to give some love to. I have no idea what company it's from but it has some really cute camping and travel themed images.


I started by masking off a heart shape onto a piece of plain white card and stamping images from the set randomly. I coloured the images with my Spectrum Noir alcchol markers and then swiped a little distress ink around the edge of the mask to make the heart shape more obvious.


I cut out the heart leaving a little white border, then I ran a black marker around the edge to define it. For the background I decided to do some watercolouring with distress inks, picking out colours from the main images. I added sequins from Doodlebug in places and mounted the heart on foam squares to finish.


I find watercolour so therapeutic and there are lots of ways to achieve these washy looks with so many water-loving products on the market nowadays - distress inks are by far my favourite!

Thank you for stopping by today. Please follow m on instagram: @katy.elliott
 

No comments:

Post a Comment